Testing out new products is always fun. This week I tested a product called ‘soy chunks’ made from dehydrated soy. You can use it in various savory dishes such as pasta and curries. Today I am sharing an easy 6-ingredient recipe that is perfect for weekdays.
Soy chunks contain (per 100 g):
Energie: 323 kcal
Fat: 1,4 g
Saturated fat: 0,3 g
Carbs: 19 g
Sugars: 12 g
Fiber: 17 g
Protein: 50 g
Salt: 0.08 g
I bought my soy chunks at MyAuchan.
- Soy chunks
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- (hot) paprika powder
How to make it
- Soak the soy chunks in hot water for 10 minutes. The soy chunks will become soft. Squeeze out excess water after soaking.
- Mix the coconut milk with the tandoori paste and add a splash of lime. Taste the mixture and see whether it needs more tandoori paste or lime.
- Marinate the soy chunks in your mixture for at least 15 minutes. You can prepare the soy chunks beforehand and marinate overnight to save time.
- Remove the soy chunks from the marinade and grill in a pan with a little bit of oil.
- Sprinkle (hot) paprika powder on top together with chopped up cilantro.
- Add a splash of lime for extra flavor.
Share your meal with the world!
Enjoyed the recipe? Let the world know healthy plant-based food is delicious and easy to make. Take a photo of your meal and share it on Instagram (don’t forget to tag me: @janneke_vandijk).
Do you have questions? Mail me via firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a message here.
Straight into your mailbox
You can receive my recipes directly into your mailbox. Yay! Sign up below.